Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy 2 weeks Lily and Claire!

Tonight was a very special night-- I was able to hold the girls at the same time! Finally what I've been waiting for...


When the nurse put them on me, they immediately started breathing better and their heart rates went down- they became more relaxed. During the day, Claire was using more oxygen than usual- she went to around 50 ccs. When I held them together, she dropped to between 6-12 ccs. Lily went to room air for a while.
 Claire even sucked on Lily's arm, which didn't bother her any. :) The entire time I held them, they did so well and their stats were great. It was pretty amazing to finally see them close together... and even more amazing to see the connection they have with each other. 

We just love them so much!

1 comment: